Kyowa Hakko USA – 2014
New York Office
600 Third Ave., 19th Fl.
New York, NY 10016
Phone: (800) 596-9252
Fax: (212) 421-1283
Commitment to Research, Innovation & Quality
Kyowa Hakko USA, Inc. is the North American sales office for KYOWA HAKKO BIO CO., LTD, a world leader in the research and manufacturing of high-quality ingredients for use in dietary supplements, functional foods and beverages. For more than 60 years, Kyowa has maintained a constant commitment to research, innovation and quality.
• Setria® is a clinically studied form of glutathione that, when taken orally, has been shown to replenish the body’s reserves, which may be depleted as a result of poor lifestyle choices, stress or natural aging. Called the “master antioxidant,” glutathione helps protect cells in the body from the damaging effects of oxidative stress and toxins. Setria Glutathione is manufactured through a patented fermentation and patent pending for increasing natural killer (NK) cell activity, is pure, vegetarian and allergen-free.
A recently published study on Setria Glutathione in the European Journal of Nutrition, May 2014 shows, for the first time, that daily consumption of glutathione is effective at increasing glutathione blood levels. This long-term, randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled study puts to rest the long-standing debate on the efficacy of oral glutathione.
The study, performed on 54 healthy adults (mean age 46 years) showed that blood levels of glutathione increased after one, three and six months vs. baseline at doses of both 250 mg/day and 1000 mg/day. At six months, mean blood glutathione levels along with various immune markers were shown to have increased 30-35 percent in the high-dose group, and 17-29 percent in the low dose. NK cytotoxicity increased two fold in the high-dose group versus placebo at three months. A reduction in oxidative stress in both glutathione dose groups was indicated by decreases in the oxidized to reduced glutathione ratio in whole blood. Glutathione levels were shown to return to baseline after a one-month washout period.
• Cognizin® is a proprietary form of citicoline, a potent brain-health nutrient. Cognizin has been tested in numerous clinical trials to support mental energy, focus, attention and recall. Developed using a patented fermentation process, Cognizin is a pure, allergen-free GRAS (generally recognized as safe) ingredient that’s stable and effective.
Key studies on Cognizin include a 2008 study on healthy middle-aged adults (2008 Silveri). Researchers using the latest brain scanning technology at the Harvard-associated Brain Imaging Center at McLean Hospital, observed increases in brain activity among people who had taken 500 mg Cognizin for six weeks— particularly when they performed tasks that required sustained attention or memory. The study reported that Cognizin speeds up the formation of brain membranes by 26 percent, and restores brain energy by 14 percent.
In another study on middle-aged women (2012 McGlade), researchers at the Brain Institute at the University of Utah found that 250 mg of Cognizin improved attentional focus and inhibition. Women receiving either the low or high dose of Cognizin citicoline produced fewer commission errors on the CPT-II compared to the placebo group. Specifically, individuals in the two Cognizin citicoline supplemented groups made fewer errors when responding to non-target stimuli.
• Pantesin® is a branded form of pantethine, a derivative of vitamin B5, that helps the body maintain a healthy cholesterol ratio. Pantesin is the only pantethine backed by 35-plus years of research. With numerous studies supporting Pantesin’s effectiveness in high-risk subjects, current research (2011 Rumberger) shows that it is also effective for low to medium risk individuals. This positions Pantesin as a smart addition to a heart health program for anyone concerned with maintaining healthy blood lipid levels.
• Sustamine® is a dipeptide of L-alanyl-L-glutamine, designed to supply the body with the protein precursors needed to rebuild muscle, replenish energy stores, and increase electrolyte and water absorption. Sustamine is tasteless, odorless, vegetarian, allergen-free and the only GRAS L-alanyl-L-glutamine.
• L-citrulline is an amino acid that has been found to play an important role in nitric oxide metabolism and regulation. L-citrulline is converted to L-arginine in the body, leading to increases in both L-arginine and nitric oxide. Increased production of nitric oxide (NO) promotes vascular dilation, which helps support normal oxygen and blood circulation throughout the body. As a result, interest in this nutrient is emerging in various applications for improving health and wellness in the areas of vascular health, muscle protein synthesis, ammonia elimination and immune function.