Stratum Nutrition – 2014
20 Research Park Dr.
St. Charles, MO 63304
Phone: (888) 403-5039
Condition – Specific Specialists
Stratum Nutrition, a Novus International company, is a specialty health ingredient supplier to the supplement and pet food industries. Stratum offers a portfolio of branded, value-added ingredients developed in collaboration with global partnerships, based on consumer need, and supported by science. Stratum specializes in condition-specific categories, which include structural, digestive, and immune health to offer full solutions for human and companion animal nutrition. Leveraging the Novus core competencies in nutritional research and innovation, these ingredients are progressive, safe and reliable.
Stratum Nutrition was born from Novus International, which has had the corporate mission to make a clear difference in sustainably meeting the growing global needs for nutrition and health, with a vision to help feed the world affordable, wholesome food and achieve higher quality of life, for more than 20 years. Stratum upholds sustainability through marketing ingredients that protect the environment, benefit society, and have a positive economic impact.
Specialty Products Portfolio
• NEM® is the only eggshell membrane ingredient with multiple published safety and efficacy studies for joint health. In-vitro, in-vivo, pilot and RCT studies accompany a comprehensive safety profile with patents for manufacturing and use. Multiple human studies show fast and continued results for joint comfort and flexibility with a small, 500 mg daily dose. NEM contains naturally occurring nutrients essential for healthy joint cartilage and tissue including glucosamine, chondroitin and hyaluronic acid, as well as collagen and other proteins—all working together for one complete joint health solution. NEM is ovo-vegetarian and sustainably derived from U.S.-domestic eggshells. NEM is manufactured by joint venture partner ESM Technologies in NSF certified GMP (good manufacturing practice) facilities. This joint health product is not only good for our human joints, but ideal for companion animal supplementation and feed as well.
• BLIS K12® (S. salivarius K12) is one of the most numerous probiotic strains found in the mouth of healthy individuals. Only a small percentage of people have naturally occurring S. salivarius with the health-supporting attributes of BLIS K12. BLIS K12 is an advanced probiotic for the oral cavity and upper respiratory tract. It is a specific and proprietary strain of S. salivarius which helps promote ENT immune health while supporting fresh breath. It is safe and effective for children and adults and is supported with more than 30 years of research. With many delivery format options, ideal applications for BLIS K12 are those that allow prolonged contact with the mouth, such as chewable tablets or lozenges, fast-melt tablets, chewing gum, stick packs and powders.
• BLIS M18™ is an advanced probiotic bacteria to use in conjunction with oral hygiene practices in order to establish a healthy balance of natural bacteria in the mouth to help maintain healthy teeth and gums. Patented BLIS M18 is developed from S. salivarius, a beneficial strain of oral bacteria that is safe and effective for children and adults. Only BLIS M18 combines its effective colonization ability with natural enzyme production to help support healthy teeth and gums.
• ACTAZIN™ is a whole-fruit supplement ingredient for digestive health that comes from the New Zealand green Hayward kiwifruit. This kiwifruit is nutrient dense, naturally chock-full of vitamins, minerals and fiber, and with New Zealand’s high UV radiation, plants respond to elevated levels of UV-B light by increasing the production of secondary metabolites, such as polyphenolics. ACTAZIN utilizes its whole-fruit fiber, kiwi-unique enzyme actinidin, polyphenols and prebiotic effects to help support digestive health with four-way action. ACTAZIN is a great probiotic companion with prebiotic effects delivering an increase in positive bacteria.
• ESC® is one of nature’s purest and most absorbable forms of calcium and comes from a natural, sustainable source—eggshells. ESC naturally combines calcium with inherent transport proteins for maximum absorption and essential trace minerals for increased bone support. Heavy metal testing conducted on ESC showed heavy metal levels were 50-100 times lower than Prop 65 and USP limits when tested at 100 percent DV. ESC is a whole-food source of calcium ideal for use in bone health supplements and any product desiring to increase calcium levels.
Key Executives • Chris Haynes, Director of Sales: email@example.com • Jeremy Moore, President, Stratum Nutrition: jeremy.moore@Stratumnutrition.com • Micah Osborne, President, ESM Technologies: firstname.lastname@example.org