Nutrition 21, LLC: 2014 HCS
Nitrosigine is a new dietary ingredient (NDI) now affirmed as generally recognized as safe (GRAS), available in workout products. The patented Nitrosigine complex bonds arginine with silicate—unlocking powerful synergistic effects,* helping provide maximum benefits during an entire workout.
Scientifically Engineered For Powerful Results
Nitrosigine has been clinically shown to boost nitric oxide (NO) levels*1, a key factor in promoting the relaxation of smooth muscle in blood vessels, increasing blood flow to working muscles. Nitrosigine supplementation significantly increased arginine blood levels up to three hours and silicon levels up to 1.5 hours.*1 The Nitrosigine complex was shown in pre-clinical studies to be absorbed efficiently, raising plasma arginine and silicon levels.*1 Nitrosigine pre-clinical studies show more than a 200 percent increase in silicon absorption compared to normal dietary intake.*2 Silicon is difficult to absorb through dietary intake, but Nitrosigine was shown in pre-clinical studies to dramatically increase silicon absorption.*2 Silicon can strengthen and provide flexibility to the arterial walls, helping to increase blood flow. Nitrosigine provides the benefits of arginine and silicon, plus additional enhanced benefits from its unique combination.
Nitrosigine provides benefits that can start in as quickly as 30 minutes and can last up to three hours—after just a single dose!*1 Nitrosigine continues to provide benefits through an entire workout.*1 With continued use, NO levels build over time, leading to even better blood flow and blood vessel flexibility.*1,2
Nitrosigine: Much More Than the Sum of its Parts
• Unique, bonded complex of arginine and silicon helps enhance NO levels, a key factor in increasing blood flow to working muscles.*
• Patented, FDA (U.S. Food and Drug Administration) accepted NDI.
• Published, peer-reviewed pre-clinical and clinical studies support Nitrosigine’s efficacy and safety.
• Human clinical study showing Nitrosigine’s unique effect was presented at the renowned Experimental Biology 2014 meeting.
The patented Nitrosigine complex bonds arginine with silicate—unlocking powerful synergistic effects.*
The Science Behind Nitrosigine
The presentation of new clinical study results supporting Nitrosigine, bonded arginine silicate, titled, “A Clinical Evaluation to Determine the Safety, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of an Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate Dietary Supplement in Healthy Adult Males,” was presented to scientists and other professionals at the acclaimed Experimental Biology 2014 annual meeting’s poster session and was published in the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology Journal (FASEB).1 The study included healthy males aged 18-40 years that were given Nitrosigine for a 14-day period.1 The human clinical study confirms Nitrosigine can take workouts to the next level.*1
Clinical study results:
• Nitrosigine’s complex of bonded arginine silicate was shown in a clinical study to significantly increase NO levels*1—a key factor in generating greater blood flow to working muscles.
• Nitrosigine is absorbed efficiently, quickly raising plasma arginine and silicon levels.*1 A single dose of Nitrosigine may take effect as quickly as 30 minutes and last up to three hours.*1
• With continued use of Nitrosigine, NO levels were shown to increase over time*,1 which may lead to better blood flow and arterial health.
• Nitrosigine was also shown to significantly enhance important blood proteins related to arterial strength and flexibility and overall cardiovascular health.*1
Pre-clinical studies results:
• Nitrosigine was shown in pre-clinical studies to be more biologically effective than arginine hydrochloride (HCl).*2 (Figure 2)
• In a pre-clinical study, Nitrosigine almost doubled maximum blood flow compared to Arginine Hcl. Enhanced blood flow during and after exercise has been shown to help with muscle growth and recovery.*2 (Figure 2)
• In addition, Nitrosigine was shown in pre-clinical studies to dramatically increase silicon absorption by 200 percent.*2 Silicon is important to the strength and flexibility of your arterial walls, helping to increase blood flow.*
Consumer benefits directly linked to the clinical study findings include:
• Nitrosigine significantly enhances nitric oxide levels*1
• Nitrosigine is a safe, bioavailable source of arginine and silicon*1
• Nitrosigine significantly increases plasma arginine levels in 30 minutes*1
• Nitrosigine significantly increases plasma arginine levels for up to three hours*1
• Nitrosigine significantly increases silicon levels for up to 1.5 hours*1 Coming next year—watch for news about our newest clinical studies!
Nitrosigine—The New Standard for Pumped Results
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease
© 2014 Nutrition 21, LLC Nitrosigine is a registered trademark of Nutrition 21, LLC
1 Kalman D, Feldman S, Samson A, Krieger D. A clinical evaluation to determine the safety, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of an inositol-stabilized arginine silicate dietary supplement in healthy adult males. The FASEB Journal 2014;28(1):SLB418.
2 Proctor SD, et al., A Novel Complex of Arginine Silicate Improves Micro- and Macrovascular Function and Inhibits Glomerular Sclerosis in Insulin-Resistant, JCR: LA-cp Rats. Diabetology. 2005;48(9):1925-32