Ingredion Incorporated (Westchester, IL) has announced 17 additions to its list of approved Non-GMO Project Verified ingredient solutions. The additions bring Ingredion’s total number of Non-GMO Project Verified ingredients to 133.
The Non-GMO Project (www.nongmoproject.org) offers independent verification for products made according to rigorous best practices for GMO (genetically modified organisms) avoidance. Ingredion’s verified products are produced in compliance with the Non-GMO Project Standard, which means that ongoing testing of all GMO risk ingredients, facility inspections and an annual audit ensure the company meets the highest standards currently available for GMO avoidance.
Non-GMO Project verification underscores Ingredion’s TRUETRACE traceability program, which protects the purity of the company’s non-GMO offerings via, third-party-audited best practices for segregation and documentation of non-GMO corn.
“Achieving Non-GMO Project verification for even more products adds another level of trust to Ingredion’s extensive non-GMO track record and broad portfolio of solutions,” said Igor Playner, vice president of innovation and strategy for Ingredion Incorporated, North America. “As consumer demand for non-GMO products grows, manufacturers can more readily respond by formulating with our Non-GMO Project Verified ingredient solutions. These solutions not only provide the transparency and sensory experience consumers expect, but also deliver the convenience and performance benefits manufacturers require.”
The following 17 starches added to Ingredion’s growing list of Non-GMO Project Verified products offer a wide range of process tolerance and stability advantages in applications such as dressings, sauces, ready meals, yogurts and dairy desserts:
- AMIOCA POWDER corn starch
- AMIOCA TF corn starch
- BATTER BIND food starch-modified
- CAPSUL food starch-modified
- COLFLO 67 food starch-modified
- CRISP FILM food starch-modified
- FRIGEX W food starch-modified
- HYLON V corn starch
- N-CREAMER 46 modified food starch
- N-CREAMER 2000 food starch-modified
- NATIONAL 465 food starch-modified
- NUMOULD corn starch, mineral oil
- PURITY GUM BE food starch-modified
- PURITY W food starch-modified
- THERMFLO food starch-modified
- ULTRA-SPERSE A corn starch
- ULTRA-TEX SR food starch-modified
For more information, visit www.ingredion.us/nongmo.