Upcoming Issue Highlights
Home Subscribe Advertise Sourcebook Free Product Info Home

Deerland Enzymes Establishes Scholarship and Research Fund

Deerland Enzymes

Deerland Enzymes (Kennesaw, GA) has announced the establishment of the Deerland Enzymes Opportunity Scholarship and Research Support fund in partnership with Kennesaw State University (KSU) in Georgia.

Non-GMO Project

Deerland Enzymes established these funds with the local university in order to provide financial support to deserving and qualified students in the College of Science and Mathematics. The company has committed to contribute to these programs over the course of three years. Each year, 70 percent of the funds will be awarded as a scholarship to a student enrolled full or part-time as a biology or biochemistry major.  The remaining 30 percent will be available each year for pressing research needs in the College of Science and Mathematics.

“Scholarship programs and research funds such as these are leading to new discoveries in biomedical sciences, biotechnology, and developmental biology,” said Gayle Jones, development director of the College of Science and Mathematics at Kennesaw State University. “We are excited to have Deerland Enzymes as a partner in educating our students and opening opportunities for research and development with them.”

“The creation of these programs with KSU is a natural extension of the longstanding relationship we’ve shared with the university through clinical and laboratory based research,” said Dr. John Deaton, vice president of technology at Deerland Enzymes.

Scott Ravech, Deerland’s CEO, added, “We are thrilled to be providing local students with the opportunity to pursue their educational goals and passion for science, and look forward to helping those who are in need of financial assistance.”

For more information, visit www.deerlandenzymes.com.