Honoring Outstanding New Nutritional Ingredients
Nutritional ingredient providers with a solution that answers natural product formulators’ needs should consider applying for the fourth annual NIE Awards, by Nutrition Industry Executive magazine and VRM Media.
The NIE Awards will highlight the most cutting-edge and advanced natural branded nutritional ingredients backed by science and launched since Oct. 1, 2021 for use in supplements and functional foods and beverages in the United States.
Award winners will be named in six categories:
• Healthy Aging
• Sports Nutrition
• Weight Maintenance
• Condition Specific
• Excipients/Non-actives/Delivery Systems
• Personal Care/Cosmetic
(One category per ingredient)
The competition is open to manufacturers of ingredients from all over the globe who are supplying natural finished product companies in the United States.
The deadline for entry is Friday, July 14, 2023. Winners will be notified in August, and announced in a special Issue Highlight feature article in the October/November issue of Nutrition Industry Executive magazine as well as in the digital edition of the magazine.
There is no entry fee.
The judges comprise leading industry experts and will base their decisions by considering the following criteria:
• Product Research/Evidence/Bioavailability
• Sustainability/Traceability/Certifications (if applicable)
• Consumer Need
• The “Impressiveness Factor”
Panel of Judges
- Nicole Avena, Ph.D. – Assistant Professor of Neuroscience, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Gene Bruno, MS, MHS, RH(AHG) – Chief Scientific Officer, Nutraland USA
- Darrin Duber-Smith – Senior Lecturer, Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Yair Steve Henig, Ph.D. – Chief Science Officer, Caligenix, Founder of Henig Consulting
- Jacqueline Jacques, ND FTOS – Founder, Nova Aurora, Inc.
- Cheryl Myers – Chief of Scientific Affairs and Education, EuroPharma, Inc. (Maker of Terry Naturally)
- Janet Poveromo – Editor-in-Chief, Nutrition Industry Executive magazine
Completed applications must be emailed to NIEAwards@VRMmedia.com by Friday, July 14, 2023 to be considered.